Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Emotional Intelligience

OK i lied! or i was suffering from delusions or the stars were not in my favour. Monday was bad but Tuesday believe me was faaaaaaarrrr worse. i just could not get anything right. first of i woke up with a stomach ache. i got to work and all i wanted to do was go back home, then i got into a stupid totally unnecessary argument and got soundly drenched in the rain on my way back home because there were no buses. have you ever felt like the entire world is against  you and the universe is having fun at your expense. believe me, Tuesday was that day. 


anyway going back to the topic of the day. emotional intelligence. i have heard that word being thrown around a lot, especially in the work place and i was obliged to google its meaning and here it is 'Emotional intelligence (EI) is a skill or ability in the case of the trait EI model, a self-perceived ability to identify, assess, and control the emotions of oneself, of others, and of groups. in that case i have failed woefully in fact i am an emotional retard. i cannot control my emotions,i try but i fail all the time. if  AM angry you know it and the same goes for every other emotion that the human being feels. i am a case of if i feel it, then you see it. 


due to my lack of emotional intelligence i have been attacked by my fellow humans. have you noticed that when you get angry or upset easily, people tend to deliberately upset you?happens to me all the time. for example the completely anal argument i got into yesterday could have been totally avoided if i could have controlled my emotions more(am not putting all the blame at my feet,the other parties were totally out of line) but i could have controlled the situation and walked out the bigger person. i have noticed that if i am talked to condescendingly or made fun of or deliberately ridiculed then i totally lose it. i actually feel very ashamed and stupid because i let my emotions rule me again!


so for all my fellow emotional dullards out there,i say we make a pledge to reign in our emotions so that we can thrive in our human relations in every aspect of our lives and stop giving people the pleasure of seeing us dissolve in tears or explode in anger. i have made that vow and plan on implementing it,even if it kills me. i will smile when i feel like committing murder. i will laugh when all i feel like doing is crawling into a ball and crying and i will NEVER give another sorry excuse for a human being(deep breath)the pleasure of controlling my emotions again,so help me GOD!

No comments: