Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Looking and Feeling Good

Hi Guys,

How has the week been so fat? Mine has felt like just one long day of exhaustion and i cannot wait for the weekend to get here. My body,mind and spirit has not fully acclimatized to work mode and this is a true case of ' Eni wase Orise' translation ' You were looking for work,now you have found it'.

My post for today is going to be centered on well being,basically feeling and looking great. I know that i earlier said that i would not be making any new year resolutions but i think i might have to bend it a little when it comes to my health. I want to 'try' to live a healthier lifestyle in 2014.

The reason for this you might ask is because i do not feel in anyway healthy or pretty right now. In the last quarter of 2013, i think health and Beauty was not really on my agenda...men i was hustling for my life. So now that God has cleared a path for me and i can see a light at the end of the tunnel ( even though the light becomes dim sometimes and the tunnel is waaaayyyy tooo long) i need to start focusing on me as a person and feeling and looking good.  So here are the stops i intend on taking, so help me God:



  • Take better care of my skin: I believe that good skin is the foundation of great beauty and i intend on achieving that. Its not that my skin is terrible to begin with but i think my skin needs more life breathed into it. I want my skin to glow and i intend on doing this the natural way. I have started researching for the best essential oils for smooth and glowing skin that will even out my complexion and help with my ashy knees and elbows. Almond,Coconut and Lemon oil have popped up on various searches and conversations i have had with people but these things are darn to expensive. Anyway God will provide. 
  • Exercise More: Y'all are probably thinking ( at least the people that know me) 'what the flip is she thinking? she already is a bag of bones' but this bag of bones is determined to have toned muscles and a shapely derriere.  If white women can have pert,shapely bottoms, then so can i and i am black! Its my God given right. All i need is consistency and discipline and ill fill out those jeans yet and get washboard abs to boot! 
  • Drink more water: This is a very very bad habit i have. i do not drink enough water. Its not like i don't want to but it just doesn't occur and i go hours without drinking a glass of water, when am not fasting,Haba! So from now on, i will make a conscious effort to drink more water but the downside is more bathroom visits. 
  • Invest in good make up and clothing: Yeah Yeah! This is vanity but a girl needs her cloths,shoes and makeup. I want to improve on my make up application. I am yet to get the perfect eyebrows but i will.   

I intend on carrying through with all these and a bit more if i can. I am young yet and there is nothing that gives a woman confidence than when she feels and looks good. Another reason to feel good is its Thursday and that means tomorrow is Friday, thank the Lord! Have a good one folks....
 



Live Love and Laugh...




No comments: