Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fabulous Tuesday...

Hi Everyone,

How was the weekend? Did you have a good time? As promised my weekend was a combination of both fun and relaxation.My cousins wedding to his heartthrob was a spectacular affair. It was an opportunity to mingle and dance my heart out. I also had an opportunity to catch up with family members that i had not seen in a while. I managed to take some pictures....

 The decor transformed the hall into a fairy tale land. Love! Love! Love!

My mum decked out in full Aso-ebi regalia and my brother.


Moi in my gold lace gown. I added a touch of red with my accessories. The color of the day was red and silver. It was a real fun wedding with the DJ dishing out both old and new jams. Everyone danced away their sorrows.

Well, its a new working week and we are back to the grind. I am currently facing some professional challenges at this time but ill rather not go into details because they are ' work related'. I might be a lot of things but i pride myself on trying to be as a professional as possible. Here is my look for this fabulous Tuesday...
Channeling my inner '  school teacher or secretary' take your pick! 






In other news! The Holy Month of Ramadan is here, fasting begins tomorrow. Allahamdulilahi!!! It just has a way of creeping up on you. The month of spiritual blessings and the month i try REALLY hard to be a good girl and better Muslim. For my non Muslim brothers and sisters who are wondering what the fuss is all about and are irritated that the price of food stuff sky rockets during this time ( which is no fault of Muslims,might i add). Let me enlighten y'all a bit....

The month of Ramadan is a month revered  by Muslims worldwide. It is the month of tranquility and peace of mind as well as the month of stability of the soul. Ramadan is a period of exercising one's restraint in doing certain things, this is most reflected in the act of fasting.  The main objective of this period remains the same,strengthening the spiritual part of the human being. The Quaran refers to this as the state of 'Taqwa" which basically means ' God-Conciousness of the heart'.

' O, you believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you that you may be truly conscious of God ( Taqwa) -- ( Al- Baqarah 2: 183). Apart from not eating,we are to withhold other organs such as the eyes,ears,hands and legs from engaging in despicable acts. 
( Source: www.thestar.com.my)

So there! Hope you all have the general idea. So this is wishing everyone both muslim and non-muslim.... RAMADAN KAREEM! May we all reap the blessing of this month and may Almighty Allah accept our prayers...Amin!

Live love and Laugh

No comments: