Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Musings

Hey Guys!

I am in a haze of exhaustion this morning. My eyes are heavy and my spirit is low but i know ill snap out of my Monday blues and this funk i currently find myself in...

As i sleepily applied my eyeliner this morning.  So many thoughts ran through my head and this happens a lot. Anyone who knows me, knows am a control freak. I like to have things my way, in every aspect of life. Some might call it a character flaw and some might say its a good thing. I call it my curse and blessing. A curse because it also makes me a worrier and a blessing because it makes me ambitious and a go getter. However this part of me keeps me up at night. 

Even though its Ramadan and this is the time  i am  supposed to loosen the strings of control freakiness and submit to the will of Almighty Allah, i just cant!  Its an uphill task and its something i have to deal with everyday. I am constantly on a mental roller coaster and i just need to chill.  Any advice on how to combat this personal demon would be most appreciated.

Anyway on to the look of today. My dressing during Ramadan has always been a bit controversial. People never know am fasting because i do not change the way i look. The only concession i make, is to tone down the make up a notch and keep the hemlines not tooo short, but the rest is plain me.. Its wrong i know but when i settle down with my ' Muslim sheik' maybe ill start being a bit more Muslim in my appearance. So for my Monday look, here we go....

now now folks.. my gown may look a bit short but its actually knee length, its because am sitting down.


Have a wonderful week ahead...

Live Love and Laugh...


No comments: